Double Glazing FENSA problem

I've just had the same problem. In my case I contacted the double glazing company who said that as the windows were part of an extension, Building Regs cover them, no need for FENSA certificate. Dunno if that is correct or not, but it seemed to satisfy my buyer and his solicitor.

If yours weren't part of an extension, then the above won't help, sorry!

Reply to
Biggles

Our house is up for sale and we're gathering the necessary papers together for the solicitor/buyer.

The windows/doors at the back were installed somewhere around 1993, which I believe is before FENSA was invented.

The doors/windows at the front were installed after FENSA became a requirement but I can't find a certificate, and when I plug the address into the FENSA website it says it holds no records for this address.

We don't want any holdups in selling so what can/should I do about this?

Reply to
Cliff Topp

Say you have no paperwork available, sellers are king at the moment, do they want the house or not?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Nothing. Most houses have no fensa paperwork

Reply to
Animal

Never heard of it. Luckily unless somebody wants to build something huge next door, I'll probably die here!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Insurance. A policy that is redeemable if the buyer finds that the house is NOT as described. Couple of hundred quid. Talk to your solicitor

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There's a guy on the legal.moderated group who has just posed a very similar question to you. You might want to read the responses before they fizzle out.

Reply to
Spike

Spike pretended :

Same question, same date of install, same problem - same author of the post, but with a different name?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

I assumed everyone (who subscribes to ulm as well as here) would put 2 and 2 together ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It's what FENSA themselves say on their website

Quote:-

What’s not covered?

FENSA doesn’t cover the installation of windows and doors in new conservatories, porches, new builds, new extensions, repairs (where frame not included) and commercial properties.

Reply to
Mark Carver