Documentation for double glazing?

We had some doule glazing installed earlier in the year as part of an extension and I've just realised that we didn't get any documentation. Should we have had anything? (FENSA certificate, etc?)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Aren't the dg panels etched with the relevant BS ?

Reply to
Malcolm Stewart

"Malcolm Stewart" wrote in message news:dhrt9j$ra8$ snipped-for-privacy@newsg2.svr.pol.co.uk...

How does that prove that the windows were installed by a FENSA approved fitter?

Anyone can get the panels with the right BS numbers.

Reply to
Fred

Not unless the windows were installed by a FENSA contractor. They should be covered by the Building Regulations certificate for the extension as a whole.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

=============== Since it was installed as part of an extension it will probably be included as part of the package of Building Regulation approval for the whole extension since approval would not have been given to anything which didn't comply.

Have a look at the specifications for the extension - you'll probably find the double glazing mentioned somewhere there.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

BS is about right. Bloody pen-pushers.