Vaillant Condensing boiler - radiator removal & refill

I want to remove a rad to decorate. I dont know if the boiler will vent itself when I refill the system or not. Anyone out there know? The boiler has a filling loop; I assume that I open this up to refill the system, with the radiator valves open and the bleed screw undone. But do I need to bleed the boiler as well or will the auto air vent take care of this.

Reply to
grahamjbaker

See the sealedCH faq. However you are best off closing both rad valves then drain the radiator at one of its couplings to the valves into a deep tray or whatever.

When you refill have someone keep the pressure up with the filling loop as you slowly open the rad valves.

Reply to
Ed Sirett