Sliding patio door locks

20 year old uPVC conservatory. One of the locks is giving up. Any advice?

It "locks" and I think the 4 hooks are moving vertically, but it's not engaging -- tugging sideways hard on the handle moves it open. Not sure if this is a failure to engage vertically or what. My feeling is that it's all a bit "tired" and needs a whole new lock in there.

It's Roto / Maco parts. Which I understand are no longer available. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Have you tried lubricating it?

Also, it isn’t unusual for screws to become undone etc. A nip up and all is well.

Check the slots align, if the plates have moved they may be rubbing.

Reply to
Brian

Have you tried lubricating it?

Also, it isn’t unusual for screws to become undone etc. A nip up and all is well.

Check the slots align, if the plates have moved they may be rubbing.

Reply to
Brian

I've got similar issues with a normally opening porch door, only removing the bottom locking part in the frame will allow me to lock it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This any help?

Richard

Well it might have been, if this lock had the luxury of adjusting the hook reach with a single screw! That seems like a god idea.

This one is four hooks, all sliding vertically on cheaply-made steel strip. I've re-adjusted their height as best I can. but I think the problem is that the engagement between central lock handle and the two strips at top and bottom is just no longer secure, and any resistance in the locking can push the hooks back, rather than engaging them.

I think the lock mech needs changing, but finding the easiest current drop-in looks like it might be awkward.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Have you tried contacting Maco?

Richard