Double glazed units

I have to fit double glazed units to my conservatory, just the glass, I have made the frames. I wonder if anyone would have any idea of the price of the glass units (presumably per square foot/millimetre). I have to get about 25 units. TIA Dan.....

Reply to
DAN

On Sat, 15 May 2004 23:24:04 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "DAN" strung together this:

If you ring up the place you're going to buy the glass from I'm sure they'll tell you.

Reply to
Lurch

Expect to pay about £50 per square metre for the units.

Any that fall below 800mm from the floor should be toughened or laminated

- add 10% to 15% for that. The door, and any units within 300mm from the door should also be safety glass if below 1500mm from the floor.

Reply to
Ziggur

Sorry. Brain damage.

About £25 per metre squared for normal 4mm glass units. £50 for toughened/laminated

Reply to
Ziggur