Domestic gas supply seems a bit weak...

snipped-for-privacy@proemail.co.uk wrote:

Some years ago my gas meter was changed to an electronic one. More recently, they changed again, and went back to the old mechanical design.
Apparently, what with the changes in responsibilities for metering, the new company didn't want the hassle of battery replacement.
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk
AL_n wrote:

Call 0800 111 999 and tell them your concerns.
http://www.nationalgrid.com/uk/Gas/Safety /
"If you smell gas or are worried about gas safety, you can call 0800 111 999* at any time, day or night. Your call will not cost you anything**. Just pick up the phone, dial the number and you will be put through to a trained operator who will take all the details.
*All calls to the National Gas Emergency Service and National Enquiry lines may be recorded and monitored.
**Some mobile phone network operators may charge you for the call."
---

The only other thing in the house *was* a gas fire, which was ripped out prior to my buying the house. There is no gas at all getting to that point, for some reason. There's a gas tap in the pipe, just prior to where someone cut the pipe to remove the fire. Turning the tap on, doesn't result in any gass coming through. Of course, that pipe maye have been long-disused; maybe not even connected to the gas supply any more. Other than that, the cooker is the only appliance.

The hose was already on the cooker when I pluggesd it into the mains. I got the cooker second-hand a few days ago.
Thanks,
Al