Gas pipe sizing for oven and stove

After 8 years wait, we have finally treated ourselves to a (double) gas oven - our electric on is on it's last legs. It's replacing a single built-in unit. Examining the under stove space, it seems the unit was constucted to take up to a 700mm oven (which the new one is) by removing a shelf. So I'm not too worried about the physical installation.

However I'll get a corgi (or is it gassafe or something ?) guy to actually hook the gas up. Currently the gas *stove* has a rigid pipe which plugs into a cooker connection. The gas pipe size looks like

15mm. Is this going to be OK, or will the whole pipe run need to be upgraded to 22mm ? Can you get 1->2 adapters to split the single existing connection into two (one for stove and one for oven) ?

Although the Mrs and I hated cooking with electricity (we inherited the oven) when I did the maths, we found that we used more gas than electricity in a 3:1 ratio ... so we couldn't justify a gas oven on the grounds of saving fuel.

Reply to
Jethro

15mm should be fine. I have a gas hob, and will be fitting a new gas double oven shortly, and asked my gas guy about it, and he says 15mm is fine. It's only only like an old free standing cooker - 4 rings, grill and oven in one unit, fed by the bayonet hose.

Alan.

Reply to
A.Lee

Didn't think of that !

Reply to
Jethro

The authoritative guide is:

4.3 tells you all you need to know and it's quite satisfying to check the what headroom you have.

That said, really only essential for boiler and other high use installs.

Reply to
fred

Very useful thanks. It confirms my gut feeeling that 15mm would be marginal for the boiler I plan to install. Now all I have to do is work out how to feed a continuous 6m length of pipe through two walls and behind the kitchen cabinets without disturbing too much.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In article , Nightjar