Gas stove-oven - electronic ignition

I have a gas stove with oven and electronic ignition. I was watching the ovens operation and the ignitor-coil continued to glow white, its powered on, with the oven in operation. Is this normal that the ignitor- coil should continue to burn, wasting electricity as the oven operates.

Reply to
ransley

They usually glow during operation because there is no flame sensor.

Reply to
A. Baum