DIY dunces?

Yet in over 25 years of using them I've never had one fail through overheating or other failures. One I ran over in the car was still usable - I binned it though. The number of other suppliers plugs I've had to bin over that period due to defects - cable grips, knackered screws, cracked mouldings and general wear and tear is well into double figures. While I'm on about plugs don't get me started on those stupid plugs (duraplug?) where you had to thread the cord through the top before you started terminating - 99% of them on the planet have been cut with a stanley knife just to complete the job!

YPMV

Your plug may vary :)

Reply to
Mike

It's when you carefully remember to put the flex through the top before you start ... then find you put it through backwards ... that you really start swearing.

Or is it just me?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Yes - failed many times (and swore) through forgetting, never put one on backwards.

Reply to
Bob Mannix
[Re MK plugs]

Funny you should say that. I just had my first ever MK plug fail the other week, the threaded terminal post sheared off as I tightened it.

... and the only replacement I could lay hands on the time was like that and, yes, I did forget to thread the flex through first.

I remember Strand Electric stage lighting supplying Duraplugs ready cut in the 1960's.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

ISTR that even duraplug must have got the message in the end and altered them. Not sure when but something like 10 to 15 years ago. But then time passes when you are having fun and no doubt somebody will tell me it was further back,perhaps when partially insulated pins forced a design change anyway.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Not just me then

Did S.Firth teach you the swear words or did you already know them?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth