dripping tap

I have a pretty new tap, it aint got no washers as far as I can tell and it drips. Is there generally anything you can do? Its a Damixta, which sounds like a rap star.

Damixa taps seem to have a ceramic valve, in which case the valve can only be replaced and not repaired. If it is still under guarantee then you are entitled to a repair or replacement. The other options are to fit a replacement ceramic valve or a complete tap replacement. A replacement valve would need to be one for your particular model of Damixa tap. The fitting instructions, if still available, may say where service and spares can be obtained, and how to claim under their guarantee.

Reply to
DIY

Following up to DIY

i think i still have the paperwork, thanks.

These ceramic devices are rubbish. I keep having to order replacements. I'd change the tap, but taps are ridiculously extensive, and, no sooner have you bought one design than they are no longer available and you have to buy a new type (possibly plus a plumber). It's all a scam in my opinion.

GPG

Reply to
GPG

GPG top posted:

Certainly a PITA. If I'm called in to sort them I have to turn the clients water off, remove the cartridges (since they are all different), drive to the only plumbers merchant in town that stocks a good range, pay £15+ for a pair, drive back, fit the cartridges, hope the screws are the same size, turn the water back on.

Takes a couple of hours sometimes, what with the traffic, £65 labour, £20 parts.

Old style tap with rubber washer - half an hours labour, not worth charging for the washers.

Progress I guess.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman