DIY Carpet Fitting

Hi,

I'm a first time home buyer in UK, and plan to do many DIYs and m first problem is how to fit carpet in my living room....

I've been looking a DIY book that at least covers carpet fitting, bu couldn't find one with good details. Would anyone be able to give m good suggestion on (1) how to DIY carpet fitting, and (2) on which DI books are worth buy?

Or, if there is any good carpet fitting website, please share the lin with me! ^_^

Many thanks!

Daisha

-- daishan

Reply to
daishan

A quick Google found this, which seems to cover it quite well:

there's anything you're not sure about, ask again.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Ah, easy. Buy one 6" coach bolt and a big load spreading washer. Put it down right in the middle, tighten it good, and it'll stop the carpet moving and twisting

NT

Reply to
meow2222