Dissolving glue

I have a mini hobby drill that I bought secondhand. Something has had it inside as it won't work anymore. I need to open it up to find out what's wrong but some pratt (previous owner presumably) has taken out the screws and glued the casing together. I would just like know if there is anything that I can use that can dissolve the glue (it might be superglue but I'm not completely sure) but not the plastic casing . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Charles

Reply to
Charles L

Mechanical methods are likely to be more use - a scalpel or similar to cut through the glue.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Agreed, and when you put it back together, use ordinary PVC (electrical) tape under tension instead of glue, for next time. Similarly if the self tappers holding two-part plastic mouldings together fail.

Reply to
Newshound