Digital Toslink Fibre Audio Optical Splitter Adapter Cable

I have received one of these from Ebay. It has no output on either terminal. Am I just unlucky or are these items flaky? I need another Optical audio output from my TV. Are there any other suggestions please?

Reply to
Broadback

If you raise the shutters on the output(s) can you see the red light?

On Amazon 25% of purchasers gave similar a 1 star review. Many indicating a shoddy product with poor physical connections possibly indicating the misalignment of the light output.

Reply to
alan_m

I can see neither a red light or shutters!

Reply to
Broadback

the shutters are on the kit, not the cable, what can you see if you shine a torch down the cable?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Sadly it looks no different with or without the torch. Same for the cable.

Reply to
Broadback

The ones I can see in eBay don't sound like splitters, or it could just be chinglish

"Connects 2 separate Toslink inputs into 1 output"

"only one of the output cables will work at a time"

got a link to the actual item?

Reply to
Andy Burns