Daft cats and catflaps

I'd prefer not to lose a cat which I paid for.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

You weren't talking about your cat flap; you were talking about your uPVC door. Do keep up.

Reply to
Tim Streater

a) if you want them to do that for a job, they won't b) mine don't

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

now there's thoughtless

you're being silly now

Reply to
tabbypurr

cats aren't that daft, they soon figure out when you want them to do something for some reason. They will not work.

afaik you're not a cat.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

We were talking about catflaps weakening doors, do keep up.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

They don't know it's a job, they just know they're being fed.

Your cat just eats anything? Well that's why you need more than one cat tester. In case you have a non-fussy cat. Mine all sniff out all meals prepared for them to decide which they prefer.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

you must have more intelligent cats than me. Mine just think "eat, sleep, explore, fight, f*ck".

A cat has less desire to be paid.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

If they changed them between flavours, they'd boast about it. Note they call it beef flavoured, or includes beef, or with beef. Not beef.

No I'm not. The cats are accepting something that smells like tuna to be tuna, when in fact it's just chicken.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

18

front of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

had aspergers, we'd all die out without the clever folk to look after them.

ot, as the human ego likes to think, intelligence.

te a catflap get startled and jump through it like a shot. I doubt anyone r eally understands why they do what they do with catflaps, but there's no re al indication that it's down to lack of smarts.

It's fear of getting trapped I think, peolpe do the same thing get through small gaps as quickly as possible what's the point in hanging about. Plus with cat flaps they can't always be sure what's on the other side, cou ld be another cat or anything else, until they get used to it. My friend noticed their cat waiting at the flap, then a squirral came throu gh into their kitchen through the cat flap, they then brough a microchip co ntraolled falp and that has solved that problem but as there's a click as t he cat approaches the door they are a bit apprehensive of the noise until t hey get used to it, that is a sign of inteligence.

Only a complete idiot would ignore a strange unexpected noise.

ding from view, then getting trapped for a few days does not show intellige nce.

Reply to
whisky-dave

gate a catflap get startled and jump through it like a shot. I doubt anyone really understands why they do what they do with catflaps, but there's no real indication that it's down to lack of smarts.

p. That's either stupidity or forgetfulness.

Maybe they are emulating their owner, you know how they say pets and their owners have similar characteristics.

You said you have problems negiociating the height and widths of doors and have trouble triping up.

iding from view, then getting trapped for a few days does not show intellig ence.

right substance).

Apparently auto asphyxiation feels good too, try it.

Reply to
whisky-dave

plus what's in their DNA.

Reply to
mechanic

and only 4% of the meat it's apparently the flavour of? The cats seem to fall for it though.

hugely better than ours. I assume the other 'meat products' are MRM, organ meats, eyeballs, knobs etc.

rong? If I give them the same "flavour" a few times in a row, they go off it. So they're enjoying a variety of fake flavours, thinking they're actua lly different things.

s whatever it is, they don't read the labels that say chicken etc.

says on the packet. Cats have the sense, in both senses, to sniff everythi ng to see if it's what it appears to be.

Cats don't have a strong sense of taste, they have a strong sense of small and texture which is more important to them than mere taste, they can't tas te sweetness but can 'taste' fats. Cat have a Jacobson?s organ, which humans don't have. Cat's also pr efer their food warm like it is when killed like in the real owrld rathe rt han straight from the fridge, and they prefer not to drink water that is cl ose to their food as they see it as contamination in the wild.

No they are theor to fool you, just like the picturs on the cans and sexy m odels on sports cars they are to attract the stupid.

prawn cocktail crisps.

Simialar I guess.

But why do you think that cats donlt eat the liver of their prey, because t he liver is where all the poisons are stored, but humans eat liver don't th ey.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Try the same with a human and see what happens will the human just eat which it prefers or does that depends on amount and appitite too ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

How much knowledge can be passed through DNA? I've always thought there isn't enough storage capacity in there for much data other than how to grow.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Oddly ours always seem to end up only eating the most expensive one.

Reply to
bert

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" on Tue, 15 May 2018

12:29:28 +0100 typed in alt.pets.cats the following:

That's just it.

The Front door used to be opened by one of their servants.

Now it isn't.

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" on Sat, 19 May 2018

00:10:54 +0100 typed >

Or they'll meow till their servant points it out. (Yes, I know, they will figure it out. Aloysius figured out the cat door from the inside, and then how to get back up there to get back in.)

I've had cats for years. Smarter than a polecat ferret, but then, that's not saying a whole lot.

tschus pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

018

e front of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

putting it there.

ing. They're not too bright.

front door which they've walked through their entire lives when I've ope= ned it.

lap. They have to work it out or starve.

I have 5. 4 have learned it completely. The other 1 I've pushed throug= h it inwards once, then it found it's way back out after 5 minutes of hu= nting around. But it hates one of the others, so I don't see much of it= , it usually feeds next door along with a cat I gave to my next door nei= ghbour. But she's on holiday for a week so he may have to come through = it at some point....

-- =

A man has six items in his bathroom: toothbrush and toothpaste, shaving = cream, razor, a bar of soap, and a towel. The average number of items in the typical woman's bathroom is 337. A ma= n would not be able to identify more than 20 of these items.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" on Sat, 19 May 2018

13:00:56 +0100 typed >

Oh my. We had three cats, mine "Alli" (short for Alyiousious) who lives in my shop and runs the side yard, Daisy who got banished to the front porch, and Aster, who got dragged inside one winter. Casey has passed on, but Aster is still not sure That Bad Kitty(tm) is not out there, somewhere, just waiting to come in to eat her food and use her box(es). Sigh.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich