Daft cats and catflaps

nt of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

It's the same one that was at the back, I just moved it.

Sometimes I wonder how their species survives. Imagine every human had = aspergers, we'd all die out without the clever folk to look after them.

-- =

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Why not employ cat taste testers?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Or blue tit, which I seem to have persuaded mine not to eat.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Round here those get adjusted by kids, especially universal ones where you can unbolt the arrow and turn it.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

If they have such a good sense of smell, why don't they know it's wrong? If I give them the same "flavour" a few times in a row, they go off it. So they're enjoying a variety of fake flavours, thinking they're actually different things.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

These newfangled PVC doors can be kicked through in one go anyway.

Mine is in the wall, so not a problem.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Why must there be those people? Why would you test something on a thing that isn't it's intended use?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

They do.

whisky-dave

there are.

Reply to
tabbypurr

t of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

spergers, we'd all die out without the clever folk to look after them.

simple, they're cleverer than us. Where we win is on communication, not, as the human ego likes to think, intelligence.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You're not engaging brain are you. They know perfectly well that it's whatever it is, they don't read the labels that say chicken etc.

It's humans that are fool enough to think that everything is what it says on the packet. Cats have the sense, in both senses, to sniff everything to see if it's what it appears to be.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

8

front of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

ad aspergers, we'd all die out without the clever folk to look after the= m.

t, as the human ego likes to think, intelligence.

Not being able to navigate through a hole in a wall does not show intell= igence. Not realising that shed doors are usually shut, but going in anyway, hid= ing from view, then getting trapped for a few days does not show intelli= gence.

-- =

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day = they start making vacuum cleaners.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Wrong. All cat food is essentially the same with a pretend flavour mixed in. The cats are fooled by this and think they're eating something else. If I don't mix the pretend flavours, they go off it.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

What's the point in a human tasting it? What matters is if a cat likes it. You might aswell test MacDonalds burgers with cats and if they eat them then they will sell well to humans?!?

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

ont of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

aspergers, we'd all die out without the clever folk to look after them.

as the human ego likes to think, intelligence.

Well we can construct things and wear clothes so we can venture out into ne w enviroments and f*ck those up to.

Reply to
whisky-dave

ront of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

d aspergers, we'd all die out without the clever folk to look after them.

, as the human ego likes to think, intelligence.

ng from view, then getting trapped for a few days does not show intelligenc e.

Don't do it then ;-P

Reply to
whisky-dave

That is usually a later stage of testing and the comments tend to be limited to yes or no.

Reply to
Nightjar

This seems contrary to what I would have thought. With human products, we test on animals first incase it kills them.

If I was developing a cat food, I'd put out two different samples of it (or one of mine and one of a leading brand) a foot apart and present them to a cat. It will sniff both and eat one.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

what happens if it eats both ? My cat has a particualar order that she eats in. She has a bit of wet food first then stops has some treat biscuits, then once they are gone she eats her normal renal vet bisucuits then goes back to the wet food. When my parents had 4 cats one of the cats would alway attempt to eat the other cats food first then when all other bowls were empty he'd go to his own.

Reply to
whisky-dave