Daft cats and catflaps

Jesus Christ, all I did was move the catflap from the back to the front of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Go get a job a woman and a life. Pillock.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

they understand it fine. They're just very good at getting their own way. You should know that by now.

that is a mystery. Or housefly, shieldbug, spider, maggot etc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

But they aren't getting their own way, I can see them trying to get outside, but failing.

What's a mystery is why my sig generator always picks things to do with the post.

Another thing - have you noticed catfood is actually 96% chicken and only 4% of the meat it's apparently the flavour of? The cats seem to fall for it though.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

Steve. Do not be so rude.. Nowadays it's perfectly OK to have a same sex partner. So maybe he has not yet met the right bloke for him.

Reply to
ARW

or c*ck-flavoured condoms, or slipper-flavoured dog food

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

If you had a life, a job and a woman who wanted your company, you wouldn't be replying.

Reply to
Fredxx

"Jimmy Wilkinson Knife" on Mon, 14 May 2018

18:34:13 +0100 typed in alt.pets.cats the following:

Well of course. That was the entrance at the back of the house. Which (apparently) is now gone. You went and moved things around, messing up their routine. What's a cat suppose to do? ¿And this thing in the front of the house - how does it work? I mean, it isn't the one which is at the back of the house, so - what is it?

Yeah, cats are aspergers.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Cts have a completely different set of notions to describe their world.

The fact that to you one OBJECT resembles another OBJECT is not something a cat would notice. It knows that the PATH that used to work no longer does.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh its you again, why not change your name to something that fits the tendency you have to question stuff? I think you need to understand that cats do not think in the same way as we do, associating a cat flap to a door is about their limit. they don't know or care what it is, just a way in and out. If you move it the whole cycle has to start again on another door. Incidentally my old cat never liked mice, he preferred birds, and as far as I'm aware there is no special smell to either. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On 14/05/2018 20:27, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: ...

Might have a problem finding human taste testers for some of those.

Reply to
Nightjar

Or a more intelligent cat? Incidentally and out of public service, the Police suggest no cat flaps should be fitted in a front door as it creates a point of weakness for the door. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Frog or indeed rat. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Have you marked the diversion route for them with little painted arrows and blue signs pointing nowhere which are use for traffic?

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

they don't fall for it at all, their senses of sniff & taste are hugely better than ours. I assume the other 'meat products' are MRM, organ meats, eyeballs, knobs etc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I would have thought they would approve of them for the same reason.

Reply to
Max Demian

There must be people whose job is to taste pet food. That must go down well at parties.

Reply to
Max Demian

ont of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

It's the same flap that looks and smells the same, and they saw me putti= ng it there.

Oh well, I keep pushing them through it and they're gradually learning. = They're not too bright.

And they don't need a particular path, the new flap is next to the front= door which they've walked through their entire lives when I've opened i= t.

-- =

The way to a man's heart is through the left ventricle.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

ont of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

It's the same flap that looks and smells the same, and they saw me putti= ng it there.

Oh well, I keep pushing them through it and they're gradually learning. = They're not too bright.

And they don't need a particular path, the new flap is next to the front= door which they've walked through their entire lives when I've opened i= t.

-- =

The way to a man's heart is through the left ventricle.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife

nt of the house, now they can't understand it any more.

It's the same one that was at the back, I just moved it.

Sometimes I wonder how their species survives. Imagine every human had = aspergers, we'd all die out without the clever folk to look after them.

-- =

I went to San Francisco. I found someone's heart.

Reply to
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife