D-I-Y catering with Herrings In?

Many similar on Amazon too, or your local pharmacy.

Oh' I forgot, you plonked me.

Reply to
Bev

That's the one I use - not perfect, but it saves lots of little cuts from the foil.

Reply to
Bob Henson

Similar to the one I linked to but far more expensive from Amazon (though free delivery, if available) may equalise the cost

Reply to
Bev

Yes, that is an excellent gadget. We've had one for years.

Reply to
S Viemeister

ROTFL

Doesn’t the mustard overpower the fish? I like mustard but I’m not sure about it with fish.

Reply to
Brian

It's a creamy mustard not a hot mustard, more like a mustardy white sauce than a vinegary hotdog mustard.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Wouldnt work with Lipitor, the pills are massive.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I never ever get any cuts from the foil and don't use any tool at all.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Just stab the lid with a sharp pointy object and release the vacuum. Lid should then be easy to remove.

The worst ones to get off are the lids of Sauerkraut by Hengstenberg (Sainsburys and others). Releasing the vacuum is the only way I can get the lids off these jars.

Reply to
Andrew

Cat food.

Reply to
Andrew

If a tin of fish has any internal pressure, I would be very wary about eating its contents.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Cats are very discriminating

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe your hands are in better nick than mine - mine are numb and clumsy.

Reply to
Bob Henson

yes.

Nerve and joint damage as we get older is no fun when faced with 'childproof' packaging. My pet hate is blister packs for pills. You need a fly press to get some of them out... There's a real market for a very small press for pill popping.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I remember the "Betterware" traveller who used to call a couple of times a year. Always had some "invaluable" gizmos. Rubber bottle top grippers, domed devices to press onto foil milk bottle tops without risk of poking a finger into the milk and other such stuff.

Reply to
John J

None of the foil comes even close to cutting anything.

I do occasionally end up with a pill sized bit of foil, but it never cuts anything.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Plenty of those around.

Reply to
Rod Speed
<snip>

Works well with strong oily fish, as does horseradish sauce with smoked mackerel from a packet.

Reply to
Clive Arthur

You must be very special to have your own supply of drugs with different packaging from the rest of humanity.

Reply to
Bob Henson

This one works well - Bengali style Mustard Fish. It's a favourite here.

Bob Henson