Current shunts

Thius may be teh answer

Sorry to start a new thread - I delete all posts after readin

are easy to use with the sensor terminals across the actual shunt and all calibrated up.

Mind you a meter is probably cheaper :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ebay has 50A ones - two in parallel for 100A?

The Natural Philosopher

>> These are easy to use with the sensor terminals across the actual shunt

The Datel part would probably be adequate and less than half the price.

> Mind you a meter is probably cheaper :-)

Given that the OP used one of the most unreliable survivalist crank sites on the net as his reference a Darwin award is a more likely outcome. 100A DC makes for nice fat juicy sparks and doesn't tolerate badly made connections or undersized wiring at all well.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Hadn't thought of fleabay for this ...

Not sure whether to get shunt and use with DVM or even to get this meter + shunt for £7

I follow correctly this is Class 2.5 ... so 2.5% of scale ... so on the 100A scale +/- 2.5%

Reply to
Rick Hughes

even has 100A version with free postage:

Rick Hughes

I keep thinking that this thread's Title is a Spoonerism.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

Surrent chunts? Something Auss Rndrews sells, surely?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon