Wireless doorbell with different sounds for different bell-push

Hi all,

Been looking for ages for a wireless doorbell which makes different sounds depending if it is the front or rear door etc that has been activated. Also programable sounds would be great.

Any suggestions?

PS have a Byron SX202. Would never recommend them, sound quality is appauling and those I recorded myself were utterly unusable.

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

The Byron SXi range allow you to use 2 pushes if that'd enough to cover your needs. You can choose different chimes for the different pushes from their pre-programmed range. But IMLE their volume leaves much to be desired. We ended up using 4 plug-in chimes in order to be sure of hearing them during the day in all parts of an average Victorian terrace. (There were reasons for buying them which are too boring to rehearse here.)

Reply to
Robin

Friedland certainly make one which has different alerts for two bell pushes, I've seen several others as well.

Reply to
Peter Parry

An annunciator might solve the problem. The house staff could readily identify the source of the call. I'm not too sure of a wireless one though.

Could you use two completely separate bell systems?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

EVO+ FRONT AND BACK DOOR KIT D3110

Peter Parry

Thsnks that is great, First I have seen that explicitly states you can have different tones for front and back. But now the full requirements..

I wonder if I can have more than one base unit and have the bell push(s) cause both bell units to chime, (big old cottage!)

What a useless website

have. I am surprised they sell anything.

Reply to
Fergus McMenemie

I did, with my Byron units, by setting the base units to the same code.

Reply to
Huge

Yes you can. You simply associate each push to both units individually, the system communication is one directional, if the bell receives a signal from a push it "knows" it chimes.

I'm pretty sure all Friedland chimes from that range are dual button capable so buying two standard units will give you two bells and two pushes which both bells will respond to.

Reply to
Peter Parry

Did you see my post about the Byron SXi range? If you want verification try eg

> I wonder if I can have more than one base unit and have the bell

Yep. As I said, we have 4 units working off the same bellpush. With 2 bell pushes you would just need to be a bit nifty when it comes to seting them.

Reply to
Robin