CR2032 died during the heatwave

Odd that, the last one died during a hot spell too. It was the original the came with the 2011 mobo upgrade and lasted

7 years. The replacement Duracell one lasted 4 years. It measures 2.59 V and the RTC almost stopped when the M/C was powered off (which I usually do overnight).

This time I did a hot-swap, by wearing some disposable gloves and taping a bit of 38mm conduit cover under the battery holder to act as a chute as I depressed the spring clip.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

My watch flashes the display for weeks before the battery dies normally, but in the hot weather, it stopped for a while, restarted and then stopped again, without the display flashing and then blanked the display completely and the hands remain motionless. I am assuming the battery and will get a replacement at the weekend.

Reply to
SteveW