skylight noise during rain ?

I'm thinking of buying a condo which has a skylight and an aluminum roof hatch (which goes to a roof deck) similar to this:

They're both in the middle of the living room and I'm wondering how noisy these will be when it rains. This is in the Northeast, so it will be raining hard. Does anyone have one and can tell me how loud it will be (and if there's anything I could do to quiet it) ?

dv

Reply to
Drew V

Joe Fabeitz

Hi, My daughter lives in a loft condo(top floor of a building) with big skylight in the loft ceiling. We hear nothing when raining. Tony

Reply to
Tony Hwang

We have one in our bathroom. That was EXACTLY how we felt, louder than I thought, we just close the bathroom door, not sure I could stand it in the bedroom. Ours is plastic which I understand is louder then glass.

Reply to
KK from NJ

Why don't you go over to your daughters place when it is raining?

Reply to
Rick Shaw

Great; thanks. That's exactly what this is; a top-floor loft.

Is hers glass ? This one is and I've heard those are quieter.

dv

Reply to
Drew V