I have a question regarding what I believe to be leaky chimney flashing that
has resulted in water coming in to the house. The house in question is a circa
1880 victorian with an addition added in 1910. The addition is where the
The roof itself is slightly peaked as it rises perhaps 15 degrees in the
middle. The roof is 6 years old.
When the leak first occurred there was a good deal of water that came in that
worked it's way a few feet from the chimney. I got a can of roofing cement
(Henry's) and went over the flashing. This did not fully get the job done so I
hit it a second time. We had a good rain last night and there was a little bit
Somehow I get the sense that it may not be a good idea to put anymore of this
stuff on the flashing.
I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what should be done next before I
call in a professional.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions.