skylight covers

We have skylights on the roof of our office building and we like to install covers that can block 100% of the sunlight. Each skylight is

100" x 26" x 2" measured around the edges, and there is a 1" gap between the 2 skylights. Anyone has suggstions on what we can do to cover the skylights?

Here are some pics:

dchou4u

If you only want to block sunlight, it will be easier and more cost effective to do it from inside out of the weather. Skylight manufacturers themselves are likely have bolt on curtains, blinds, whatever, that will work just fine.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
IGot2P

Why do you need to block 100% of the sunlight ?

Is the issue worker comfort because of solar glare or are you needing to use the space under the skylight for some industrial process which would be negatively impacted by sunlight ?

The answer is not covering up the skylights as high winds or a storm could just blow whatever you try to build to do that right off your roof as it is usually not possible to attach anything properly to a roof in a building you are renting without going through big hoops with the landlord...

Think about how permanent this change is and if you need a longer-term solution steel studs and sheetrocking over the skylight opening at the ceiling in the room would be the best option -- don't forget to build an access hatch into the temp ceiling under the skylight as it could still leak and you would want to be able to inspect it without tearing a hole in your temp ceiling to do so...

~~ Evan

Reply to
Evan