Correct CT-100 crimping

I bought a load of F-Type crimp plugs for CT100. I bought these from CPC, and asked them to specify the correct crimp tool .. and they supplied an H Tools HT-336G ratchet crimp.

This has a Hex die size of 0.225" (6.48mm) ... and it is mangling the connectors, assume this die must be too small. (I can't over-crimp as it's a ratchet type tool)

Does anyone know the correct Die size .. ? or could take a look at their CT100 tool.

If by any chance anyone has a correct H Tool crimp for F-Type CT100 connectors, then please let me know the model number. Looking at the pack I suspect it is HT-336C2.

The F-Type plus are VF10-601/L from Vitelec

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

and they supplied an

connectors, assume this

connectors, then please let

I thought F plugs screwed on ?

Reply to
.

Some do, some dont. These don't.

Reply to
shaun

In message , .

Reply to
Clint Sharp

Way too small for any 100 size crimp F I've ever seen.

The best answer is to ask the connector manufacturer (or vendor) who _should_ know. Typically though the answer will tend to be either 0.324 in. (~8.2 mm) or 0.360 in. (~9.1 mm), the former being common for the cheaper crimp F plugs and the latter for the better quality ones (e.g. Cabelcon).

Reply to
Andy Wade

Like this:

Michael Chare

I thought I'd try and answer your question but fell at first hurdle when looking at the details of the F type plugs .

Vitelec appear to be one of those purposefully unhelpful companies that require registration before they will send out a single product pdf data sheet. Presumably to compile a data register.

If they are unwilling to make their pdf sheets freely available then I for one, am not willing to send in for one.

Why deal with companies that behave like that?

Roger R

Reply to
Roger R

Ahh no they don't, what you have linked to is a screw on F-type, as I mentioned I am intending to use crimp on F-type they are a different (and far more professional) connector.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Andy ... did just that, emailed CPC ... and after 4 days still no reply. So emailed Vitelec, they replied within 1Hr ...included data sheets ... turns out correct size for the connector is 0.324" (8.23mm)

the crimp I have shows on the packaging that for this size I should have the HT-336C2 ... i.e. same tool but with the 336C2 dies fitted.

So far been unable to find a source in UK .... and still can't get CPC to reply.

All I could get by phoning them was 'send the items back' and we will sell you a different make which is 3x the price !

Anybody know of a supplier of H Tools in UK ? or the importer ?

Rick

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Roger ... I agree with you on web site, pretty useless .... but see my earlier mail, their email Tech support was 1st class.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Have you tried Vitelec? There's plenty of other 0.324 crimp tools about though - e.g.

Andy Wade

In message , Andy Wade writes

Seconded, I have a Cablecon ratchet crimp tool in front of me and it has two sizes 0.360" and 0.475" the smaller being for F type crimp plugs Webro part No 55CC100-INT-F Cablecon No WF100/H109F which can be obtained from Webro.com Take a look at their online catalogue where they list the plugs and the crimp tool, their F connector insertion tool is well worth having too. When fitting the F plug to the coax it is necessary to push / screw the back of the plug onto the coax which can take a bit of effort, this tool gives you a very firm grip of the plug without damaging it.

Reply to
Bill

What do what?

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Just to close this thread ... CPC issued a refund, but didn't want the tool back I bought a replacement from a really good on-line tool supplier, that did stock the correct crimp

For anybody else that needs IT related tools the company is:

prices and very next day delivery with no whacko prices for it !

Reply to
Rick Hughes