Coron reaction puzzle

Very true. When the Spanish Flu occurred it wasn't known flu was caused by a virus and management of an outbreak was very basic.

Reply to
Pamela

However, a lot of us do useful charitable work, saving the system a considerable amount of money. One of the charities which I work with was given the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service for its work.

Reply to
charles

A bit of a problem shopping for a family of five without a trolley when I have severe osteo-arthritis in my knees. I can't go every day, as I am working full time and have to do a lot at home too. My wife can't take over either as she has both osteo and rheumatoid arthritis, asthma and is immuno-suppressed due to her medication, plus she had two blackouts last year is isn't allowed to drive!

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

A lot of parents wouldn't be able to work, without the child-caring and errand running that grandparents often provide.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

That?s a different argument to prevention is worse than letting it run. When the prevention is quarantine, its hard to argue that that is worse than having to treat the elderly with existing medical conditions who get infected.

Yours is actually an argument for something quite different, who should get the intensive medical treatment if they do get serious complications from the infection.

Yes but that has nothing to do with whether prevention is worse than letting it run,

Reply to
John_j

All schoolchildren, so able to help a bit, but not able to buy some items and not having bank cards to pay. We don't really want them exposed in the shops along with me either, as that is just adding to the chances of picking it up.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Everything and its opposite is caused by climate change!

Reply to
Spike

I would have though people like yourselves would have been prime candidates for home deliveries. Or if that's not possible I'm sure trolleys could always be made available for people with exceptional circumstances such as yours. The only difference from at present might be that you would need to ask for a trolley the first time explaining the circumstances, and would be issued a card or similar for use on subsequent visits, which you could simply produce. If its a large supermarket then I very much doubt if you'd be the only person using a trolley, either.

michael adams

michael adams

Please don't be giving him ideas.

Although thankfully, as he probably wasn't born in the US the whole idea is a non-starter.

michael adams

michael adams