Corgi reg quickie

Is a boiler flue allowed to travel through combustible material like tongue and groove cladding? I wouldn't think so somehow but I'm told it was there when the boiler was fitted. I've now been asked to make a section of the cladding removable so that the heating engineer can replace some sensor at the back. Great fun. Sounds like a "just" job. TIA

Reply to
Stuart Noble

The message from Stuart Noble contains these words:

I think it's perfectly allowable with coaxial balanced flue systems.

Reply to
Guy King

there are, i think, requirements for a gap, could be 25mm from inside wall of twin wall flue(type used for gasfires and older boilers)

you could lood up the model on web and read the instruction if you dont have a copy at home!

Reply to
Gav

Thanks. This is a newish boiler so I'll assume it's legal. Shame. It's a job I'd liked to have wriggled out of.

Reply to
Stuart Noble