Cordless Drill choice

One what?

I already have Makita 14.4 and 18v drill drivers and a Festool C12.

Reply to
Andy Hall

The Impact Driver Matt. The Impact Driver. Screwfix sell the Sparky for £99, down from £125. Sparky are big in Germany and Eastern Europe. A pro brand with comic name. Or the Ryobi. Which Magazine voted them above Hitachi, etc, just over a year ago.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I don't know about Matt (whoever that may be) but I have. It was always a toss up between the Makita combo-deal or the Bosch (as shown on the original post - Mr Drivel may wish to read for comprehension next time). The Kress/Wickes machines looked good but they are not that much cheaper than the Makita or Bosch and these are brands that I have used before - albeit different machine types (PEX Sander and Makita jigsaw).

SWMBO liked the Bosch because she thought it would match the dishwasher, washing machine and Fridge/freezer.

Cheers

Mark

Reply to
Mark Spice

The one I was addressing.

I have had three Bosch tools and all have had problems - I am shy of such a company.

The Kress drill driver was also an angle drill - the only drill in the world with that functionality. Buy two quality drills (angle drill and drill/driver) of that functionality and see what it costs - £170 for a battey angle drill alone. Also the Kress machines come with 3 yr guarantees. They back their products. It is a quality drill and well worth the money. Wickes occasionally have deals and I have seen it go for £99.

Brand loyalty can let you down.

Figures. :)

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No more need be said really...............

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

These are interesting if you have a need for the type of work that they do well - generally outdoor work and construction. They are not good when finesse is needed - that is the territory of a good cordless screwdriver with good motor control.

Comic brand with comic name

Mid low end Techtronics stuff. Better than Power Devil, not as good as Milwaukee.

Which? is a consumer magazine of questionable value.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Let's be honest. Your track record with use of appropriate tools is somewhat patchy....

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, very wrong. Most kow who have bought one have ditched their drill/drivers. You can drill with an Impact Driver too. using stubby bits you can drill in joists too. They will drive in very small screws too.

Now you know Matt.

You have never heard of them Matt. You are a comic, you really are.

Tripe again Matt. I know many pros who use Ryobi.

Matt, you are comical.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Mat, you being honest? Matt, you are a comic.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

LOL!

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Fancy walking around with name like Erskine.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel