Cooker Hoods

Hi

About to install a new kitchen. I want to install a "canopy" cooker hood extracting to the outside. This means that the ducting would need to come off the hood top, rise vertically then have a 90deg bend and run horizontally for about 1.5m (including through the kitchen wall), then another 90deg bend and through the outhouse wall, with a suitable grille.

Help wanted....

  1. Can I gen a hood that has no fan, just the filters and lights and put a centrifugal fan towards the outside end of the ducting or a suitable fan built into the outer-end of the ducting
  2. General advice please on duct sizes and fan specs? (I'm assuming a 6" flexible metal duct)
  3. Anything building regs to watch for?
Reply to
Me

extracting to the

vertically then

kitchen wall), then

centrifugal fan

outer-end of the ducting

flexible metal

As I said to someone else recently in connection with a bathroom, I suggest you download the zipped ducting.pdf from

which is both a parts list with prices and a user guide to help work out your requirements. I ended up buying one of their kits (through a local builders merchants) for large cross-section ductring for our new cooker hood - a flexible vertical round section connected to horizontal rectangular ducting plus grill and flap valve.

Reply to
Brian S Gray

extracting to the

rise vertically then

kitchen wall), then

centrifugal fan

outer-end of the ducting

flexible metal

De Dietrich have (IIRC) two extraction units that are suitable for exterior mounting and a number of empty hoods that can be used with the extractors.

Rdgs Richard

Reply to
Richard Savage

| >About to install a new kitchen. I want to install a "canopy" cooker hood extracting to the | >outside. This means that the ducting would need to come off the hood top, rise vertically then | >have a 90deg bend and run horizontally for about 1.5m (including through the kitchen wall), then | >another 90deg bend and through the outhouse wall, with a suitable grille. | >

| >Help wanted.... | >1. Can I gen a hood that has no fan, just the filters and lights and put a centrifugal fan | >towards the outside end of the ducting or a suitable fan built into the outer-end of the ducting | >2. General advice please on duct sizes and fan specs? (I'm assuming a 6" flexible metal | >duct) | >3. Anything building regs to watch for? | As I said to someone else recently in connection with a bathroom, I | suggest you download the zipped ducting.pdf from |

which is both a parts list with prices and a | user guide to help work out your requirements. I ended up buying one | of their kits (through a local builders merchants) for large | cross-section ductring for our new cooker hood - a flexible vertical | round section connected to horizontal rectangular ducting plus grill | and flap valve.

Brian

Thanks for this. Looks like I'm facing 110Pa at 60l/sed. Now if all the hood manufacturers put their flow characteistic graphs on the web, life would be much easier. As it is, seems only Xpelair have graphs.

Thanks John

Reply to
Me