rear-vented cooker hoods

I need a 60cm conventional cooker hood, NOT one of those top-vented things that look like they've got something from a wood-burning steam locomotive stuck on the top, but one with its vent in the middle of the rear face, so that the exhaust can go straight into an existing duct through the wall. Anyone know of one ? All the online suppliers seem to be unwilling to give the location and dimensions of the vents of their products.

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

What do you mean by "conventional"? The chimney types would look rather strange without a chimney fitted. The types that are built into a cabinet and operated by a pull-out flap should suit your purpose. The ducting will be hidden inside the cabinet and could go upward a short distance and through a 90 degree bend to vent out of the wall. Of course the current wall exit may be too low to do this. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

TLC's Concorde wall mount will do 4" rear exit - output dead centre on the back IIRC.

John Rumm

That looks like it'll do the job! Thanks very much John.

Jim Hawkins

Reply to
Jim Hawkins

It would be worth a call to TLC to check - I just checked the model number I ordered some years back (ELCON60BLSS) and although it looks like that one - its not quite identical.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ours (and many others that I have seen) can exit either from the top or the back. There is simply a blanking plate covering the other exit. Incidentally, ours could also have both blanking plates left in place, a lever moved from one position to the other and a carbon filter inserted for recirculation. It was a cheap one, bought as part of a package from either Currys or Comet many years ago.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW