Connectfree?

Does anyone know what's happening with connectfree.co.uk?

My wife's email stopped working and when I went to check

.uk, there is a page which say's the're free email is finished and inviting one to pay £24 via Paypal to get a paid account. She might be intereste d, but were not sure the domain hasn't been hijacked. I did check on Whois , which said there'd been a change on the 28th Feb and I think it said it w as owned by godaddy (which sounds familiar, but doesn't mean much to me). I have emailed snipped-for-privacy@connectfree.co.uk and await their reply, but would b e interested in the views of those here assembled

TIA

Chris

Reply to
cpvh

check

there is a page which say's the're free email is finished and inviting one to pay £24 via Paypal to get a paid account. She might be interested, but were not sure the domain hasn't been hijacked. I did check on Whois, which said there'd been a change on the 28th Feb and I think it said it was owned by godaddy (which sounds familiar, but doesn't mean much to me). I have emailed snipped-for-privacy@connectfree.co.uk and await their reply, but would be interested in the views of those here assembled

It ain't free no more is it

Welcome to ConnectFree Unfortunately our free email services were terminated on Feb 28, 2013 If you want to have an @connectfree.co.uk email account then you can purchase one for GBP24 a year using PayPal

NOTE: There might be a way that I can get you access to your old email by changing the POP3 Server in Outlook to 212.74.112.80 I haven?t tested it yet but just negotiated an extra 7 (till Mar 8) days of access to allow people to get their old emails.

Reply to
Eric

I can't see that they will make much money at this other than by existing customer inertia. With free email from google, ISPs, Hotmail or buying a domain for less than a tenner for two years with email address forwarding included, why would anyone spend £24pa??

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Perhaps the aim is to remove/reduce a cost rather than making dosh? Hence, anyone with sense goes elsewhere, but there's a core of people willing to pay that much. You might be able to pass them on to someone else - even possibly at a profit?

Reply to
polygonum

Connect 25 quid does not have such a good ring to it though, does it? any company who cannot be bothered to tell those who use it of problems is best avoided i'd say.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Not having much luck really, you first hear you are being bought by sky then this! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

All sorted now. Sorry for not having got back sooner. The guy who owns. T he domain got back to my email to support and we've coughed up for the year . If it remains reliable I can speak direct to the boss with any support i ssues, then it's money we'll spent. He did say he'd sent out 3 mail shots to existing customers in the 3 weeks before Talk Talk pulled the plug, but we didn't see any of them. I didn't know I was being taken over by a sky t hough! That's worrying! I suppose it's something to do with travelling to Syon Lane each day 1:+>))

Reply to
cpvh