Concrete stairs & carpeting question

As there is quite a sharp edge on the concrete stairs I have, I was wondering if the is some sort of nosing with a rounded edge which would fit underneath the underlay before I lay the carpet on the stairs. I'm worries about this egde cutting through the underlay over time.

TIA Sean

Reply to
smullan

Drill and screw some gripper rod near the top of the riser and to the back edges of the treads, and this will hold the carpet tightly enough to stop any major movement. Lay your underlay in between the rod so the carpet lies flat.

Like this: riser |_ tread

Reply to
BigWallop

Lovely bit of ascii art there BW. Have you been practising? :p

Reply to
PeteZahut

LOL!!! I'm slowly but surely getting the hang of it. :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

:) Well if ever youre stumped, theres a quick way to draw absolutely anything: . Yep, a 1 pixel representation of your complex proposal is right there.

NT

Reply to
bigcat