Click mechanic

In message <kA8OOzp9VI+ snipped-for-privacy@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk>, Tim Lamb snipped-for-privacy@marfordfarm.demon.co.uk> writes

Spell checker goof! Kwikfit

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Often these extended warranties are reliant on you having the item checked/inspected (possibly for free) once a year.

Reply to
alan_m

With a replacement battery? Most would consider that too much of a faff for such a relatively cheap item.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

I've never heard of an annual check either (and wouldn't bother with it in the first place if that was the deal).

It's generally bad enough to get even a local dealer to 'accept' a battery back as faulty (rather than lacking capacity / CCA), unless it actually is.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Last time I needed a bus was when car needed work. Dropping it off, I was given a lift back. But that wasn't possible when I picked it up. I know there is a bus stop almost right outside the garage.

Trouble was, when I got there, and stood to get off, the bus just carried on. The bus stop was only on one side of the road. Down the road another mile, turn at a roundabout, and eventually get off with quite a decent walk required. Thankfully, weather was OK.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

On some you have to ring the bell. But knowing if this is needed on a strange route, not easy. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Telling the driver where you want to alight has worked for me on the vast majority of occasions - even in foreign lands.

Monitoring progress with GPS is a useful safety net for when it doesn't.

Reply to
Robin
<snip>

Whilst on our motorcycle camping holiday in Nth Wales last we went into town on the bus for some shopping and were going past the campsite on the way somewhere else after. I asked the driver (very nicely) if he could wait at the campsite stop for 30 seconds while I dropped off the shopping ... as the next bus was a good time later.

He said yes, and I did. ;-)

As I ran back on the bus I heard them all (my family and the other few passengers) counting down (and had got to 25 ... ). ;-)

Don't ask, don't get?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m