Choosing a Sealant Applicator Gun

I have several Sealant Applicator Guns - all the real cheap types. They work but, for more viscous products, can be very tiring.

Until I got various medical problems (tennis elbow being the most directly related) I was able to use the guns. But now I really want to be a bit more careful.

Looking around, I found a number at Screwfix - including three P C Cox models. I haven't got (and won't be buying) a compressor so the Airflow is out. Would the Powerflow actually be any easier on my arm than what I already have? Or is the Easiflow almost as good and much cheaper? Or should I accept that they are all tough going with viscous compounds?

Feel free to point me anywhere on-line - Screwfix had a reasonable range that was easy to find so that is the link I included.

Reply to
Rod

The dogs spheroids is a Durgun ... i.e.

one all the time, good product.

Reply to
Osprey

I use a couple of these:

?cId=A236074&ts=86355&id=86771which seem to work as well as any I have tried so far. However it sounds like you would be better off with something like:

(you can also get mains powered versions which are usually cheaper)

Reply to
John Rumm

The viscosity of many things tends to reduce as the temperature is raised. So perhaps making sure that the sealant is not to cold might help. e.g. not stored in a cold garage during winter.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Osprey wrote: > The dogs spheroids is a Durgun ... i.e.

Thanks, Osprey, I looked around and found no hits for it on sites I have previously bought from. Then I looked again at Screwfix. This looks like the Durgun - but doesn't use any brand name:

Is it?

(Actually noticed it by chance on QVC as a Durgan - no wonder it's difficult to find if no-one can spell it properly.)

Reply to
Rod

Last I used one extensively was last summer - very warm! But I take your point.

Reply to
Rod

I bought mine off QVC. I endorse the Durgun applicator as a fine product - there was an extensive thread about this a few months(?) back.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

That looks the same as mine .... they are good, just keep tubes in the warm

Reply to
Osprey

For that money he could buy a compressor and an air powered gun. I thought about building my own electric gun using a cheap cordless drill but of course never got around to it. I was recently using some sealant that I could hardly get out of the tube using a regular gun but with my air powered one it was a piece of cake.

Reply to
adder1969

I've been impressed with Cox guns. A minute in the microwave might make the tubes a lot less viscous. At your risk, since I've not done this, but that might end the problem.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

In the latest axminster catalogue they have one around the 40 quid mark IIRC - although that may be sans batteries and charger.

Must get round to trying the air powered one I bought years ago ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm