Mortar from sealant gun.

Its it possible to use some sort of sealant gun to apply mortar to joints in brickwork?

sponix

Reply to
sPoNiX

I have washed one out and used it for applying plaster into narrow gaps. For mortar/cement you'll probably have to cut the nozzle to a larger diameter.

Just suck it and see!

Reply to
mcbrien410

Tony Bryer

QVC have demonstrated such a gun, (Dugar) IIRC: The nozzle applicator is a copper tubing off-cut which can be deformed with pliers to the gap required - Two 'nozzles' are included with the device - but thereafter you just cut-off and deform what you need.

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

How do you get the plunger base (the bit at the bottom of the tube that moves when pushed) out?

Des

Reply to
Des Higgins

Blow it?

Reply to
Rob Morley

david

Reply to
Lobster

I've used one to repoint a house in lime mortar. Well worth the money IMO, it saved lots of time. The only pain is filling it, I made "sausages" of mortar on a flat surface and became handy at sliding them from the trowel into the gun.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Apparently it works with "most mortars" that "don't contain sharp sand or aggregates". Huh? If you use a fine sand with a lot of plasticiser they might work I suppose...

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Tony Bryer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@delme.sda.co.uk:

That's a lot like one often demonstrated on QVC; they make it look very good. (And if their idiot front men can use it, anyone can)

mike

Reply to
mike ring

Des, I used a long Chop Stick to push the plunger back before refilling. It was quite a job and I did have to hit it with a 'mmer. I've also got some long pieces of 6mm. dowel. Try a metal skewer.

Chris.

Reply to
mcbrien410