cheap hoose

I though it was in Glasgow at first!

2 bedroom ground floor flat for sale Commercial Road, Strathaven, ML10

Guide Price £5,000

Okay, it's an auction, but this one isn't

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The Broomlands is a dump.....just a few miles from here......you can just see Billy the Paki grocer who sold firewater to my old boss the chief building standards surveyer until he got the sack .......and I took over

https://www.google.com/maps/@55.8416266,-4.4456701,3a,37.5y,170.72h,90.01t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1snJkwVe-tZfab-SLKLQVM0A!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

When we bought this house it was under 2000. Of course this was 1956. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

There was a place near me, a flat for sale £25k one bed, nomally they go for 300k-400k on looking closer it only had a 5 year lease , which explains why it was so much cheaper.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I like the bath in the front garden ...

Reply to
Only ever had ONE class A Call

We don't have leasehold up here.

Just unemployment and stabbings.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I bought my first house in 1970 for £400.

Reply to
harry

Compared to some rents that could actually be cheaper than renting for 5 years.

Reply to
ss

Reply to
Anonymous

Reply to
Anonymous

I'm sure the 5k price is just clickbait. The more people take part in the auction the more they get for it

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

That's how a lot of auctions work, excluding dutch auctions of course.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Crikey. And if it still exists today, close to a million?

Mine was 13,500. Bought as a first time buyer when working for the BBC as a sound asssitant. No fire damage but lots of work needed.

That job pays about 35k now and wouldn't buy a garden shed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Oh, indeed. If you buy in what was built as a nice area, went downhill, then comes up again after you buy, you get the maximum profit.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)