Cheap car tyres

Anyone used Openeo ( oponeo.co.uk/ )for tyres. They very cheap and I'm just wondering if they are too good to be true.

If I look up their address

46 Station Road North Harrow London HA2 7SE

on Google Earth I see no sign of their premises as depicted in the photograph they show on their site

Reply to
fred

I've never gone with budget tyres, I'm sure they're manufactured to meet the same safety requirements as all the others, but I just stick with known names.

The boarded-up office does claim to be an accountants who have moved premises, and it's not unusual to have registered office at the accountants.

Which presumably is the Polish building?

Reply to
Andy Burns

I'd assumed oponeo were a no-name polish tyre manufacturer, looks like they're a tyre warehouse, The fact they say they don't supply any tyres over 36 months old, makes me think they've been hanging around for a while.

Only tenner cheaper than F1 for my tyres, how much extra would you pay for fitting/balancing/disposal?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Probably about £15 per tyre. I think oponeo will advise a tyre fitter if you want.

I bought some wheels and tyres from mytyres.co.uk which are a German or Austrian company.

Reply to
Michael Chare

Well I was looking for Pirelli P Zero and they were quoting from £205 each for the 275 x 35 R20 102y. Cheaper than others but not a budget tyre

Reply to
fred

Before they got bought by one of the big manufacturers, I bought four tyes from blackcircles a few years ago, at the time noticeably cheaper and they sent a mobile fitter to the site I was working at the time - last time I checked, they didn't cover the midlands any more.

Reply to
Andy Burns

My Blackcircle tyres were fitted by one of a choice of local fitters that I had - I simply clicked the time slot I wanted.

Reply to
AnthonyL

got a quality tyre from them no problem but if you want them fitted better with black circles ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

replying to fred, Iggy wrote: Never heard of them and never used them, But, according to Oponeo ( see description of "Tyre Barum Bravuris 3HM Summer Tyres Oponeo" -

) they're a Continental company. So, they are and are backed by a solid company with a few Highly Rated models...NO tire company gets it right more than just occasionally.

Reply to
Iggy

But they only get £10 a tyre and they have to swallow the disposal costs.

I used a genuine local chap in Petworth and was happy to pay him £25 more for 2 astra tyres than the online sites would have charged.

Local traders like that need to be kept in business. They are like bank branches and post offices, use them or lose them.

Reply to
Andrew

That only says Barum is a Continental Brand, not that Oponeo are owned by Continental.

Reply to
Andy Burns

replying to Andy Burns, Iggy wrote: You're right, dropped a clanger here. Barum was the only brand I didn't recognize thinking the question was about a brand. But now, I just re-read the question. Thanks for the catch.

Reply to
Iggy

IME national tyres are just as cheap as black circles by the time you have them fitted.

Reply to
dennis

Yes, I recommend

who seem to be the online arm of Na tional Tyres. They will beat Black Circles and Openeo prices by £1, a nd they are fitted at a National Tyres branch of your choice.

I have no connection with them, other than having used them for years...

Reply to
David

buying on line you can get the exact tyre you want instead of going to a tyre place in town and having to make a instant decision about whatever brand they want rid of and can con you into at the time .........

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

They will order in what you want, the same day if you are early enough.

National didn't try and fiddle me when I last bought tyres.. the old ones were seven years old and were cracking at the side wall (they got an MOT warning last year) and a puncture repair (done elsewhere) had failed. They recommended a budget tyre as the old ones were less than half worn and they have been fine even though they were less than half the price of replacing like for like.

You must have used kwick fit.

Reply to
dennis

never