Galvanised nail with which sheet metal?

I want to use a galvanised nail outside with a small piece of sheet metal. Would it be better to use galvanised sheet steel or aluminium?
The nails will be used to secure plastic verges on the edge of a roof. Using a piece of metal will I hope reduce the chance of the verges breaking off in strong winds.
--
Michael Chare

On 02/11/2017 14:07, Michael Chare wrote:

Aluminium and zinc are close in galvanic potential so shouldn't be any real risk of galvanic corrosion. I'd use whichever sheet metal you have that is most convenient.

Aluminium will work better unless you are in a heavily salt laden situation, like close to the sea.
And there arent just galvanised nails available.
On 02/11/2017 16:10, Rod Speed wrote:

Readily available over here, in fact. Proper hot dipped too.

Sure, but so are the alternatives too.
On 02/11/2017 17:13, Rod Speed wrote:

So what's the alternative to clout nails for roofing felt?

Not stupid enough to use roofing felt.
On 02/11/2017 17:41, Rod Speed wrote:

Over here, it doesn't work too badly for sheds if done with decent materials. And this *is* a UK group.

And you’re replying to a well known troll. So who’s stupid?
Tim
--
Please don't feed the trolls

Hopeless life wise.

Copper nails? Rather more expensive, though.
--
*Can fat people go skinny-dipping?