Charity

I do know that certain charity shop managers take the better stuff that is given to the charity and then flog it on eBay for their own gain.

That was one of the reasons the gf quit her work with the charity she volunteered for. She did not volunteer for fun or for the love of the charity - however when she was there she gave it 100% effort. She volunteered because she needed something positive on her CV and "sitting at home doing f*ck all all day" is no good on a CV.

Reply to
ARW

There ought to be a law against theft from your employer.

Reply to
Adrian

It's maintaining it for the public. Maybe it used to do that for the council, maybe it's not now.

Reply to
Adrian

A few years ago we were on holiday with a retired police superintendent. She was now working for Oxfam - presumably because of situations like this. But are you sure that the "flogging on ebay" was for personal benefit. I've worked for Jumble Sales over many years. The better stuff we have been given is sold out of the Jumble Sale since it will fetch far more money that way.

Reply to
charles

I know:-) She was asked to resign. Someone sent the details of what was happening (with proof) to head office.

The charity however did not want bad publicity and did not call the police

Reply to
ARW

TBH a retired police superintendent is more likely to have their fingers in the charity till than a charity volunteer.

Reply to
ARW

.....and be a Mason.

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

I said "she" , so very unlikely to be a Mason.

Reply to
charles

well the masons had the odd rebel lodge in the past ......but yes I think they should keep wummin out of their doings .........

Reply to
Jim at the Common Riding

Its an involved task, its not as if you can simply recruit some volunteers and give them forms to go out with.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

charles scribbled

Too right. That lot would only waste it on more stupid court cases.

Reply to
Jonno