Changing the wireless adaptor - Toshiba NB205

Hi, is there a way to replace the Atheros=AE Wireless LAN (802.11b/g) with an "N" type one?

Thanks!

Reply to
ericgo

Probably! Assuming it is readily accessible then it is not too difficult a task if you are careful and follow the instructions. Things to remember are that most N wireless cards have three antenna sockets so you will need to source an extra antenna from someone like Oxford Tec. Some manufacturers, such as HP, cripple the BIOS so that third party wireless cards prevent the machine booting. I don't know if Toshiba do this. Not all N cards are equal in performance. My choice is always the Gigabyte GN range available from Oxford Tec.

connection (no pun intended!) with Oxford Tec except as a satisfied customer.

Peter Crosland

Reply to
Peter Crosland

Peter Crosland :

AGN card and antenna from eBay. I downloaded the driver from Intel's site. It was a simple fit-and-forget job and the performance has been excellent.

Reply to
Mike Barnes