Central heating rad thermostatic valves

The dog chewed a thermostatic valve on one of the central heating rads to

*uggery, I thought, mistakenly, they were all a common fitting. The dozen or so others in the house have a band clamp with a screw through the open ends of the clamp holding them to the bodies of the valves, the one the darn dog chewed is unique in this house, and is held onto a groove in the body by 2 small Allen screws. through the `stat itself. What's the chances of matching just a `stat up, or is it a drain and change the whole valve and `stat assembly time? Many thanks.
Reply to
Chris

I'm not sure whether you buy just the thermostatic head. But if you can find a complete valve that's the same as the one you've got, you should be able to take the head off and fit it to your valve - thus avoiding having to drain down.

Reply to
Roger Mills

In message , Roger Mills writes

You can sometimes find replacement heads.

Reply to
chris French