Paint a Design on wall!

Hi all...

Wonder if anyone can help....

In the middle of decorating my bedroom and would like to do the belo design on my back wall as a focal point but in different colours.

However, anyone have any ideas how to measure it out on the wall befor painting so as to make it look even?

Any help greatly appreciated

+------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: paint_pic_01.jpg |Download:
Nico_2t

Can you print/trace it onto acetate and borrow an overhead projector?

Otherwise, the usual method is draw little squares on paper, draw big squares on wall, copy design square by square.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Drawing pins and String, pin each length of string at both ends of the wall and pin at about 12" intervals of the string for the sweep,then get a pencil and carefully run it up the string till you have the sweep/s marked on the wall then you need a steady hand to paint the joining sweeps lines once you have done the lines you can then relax and paint the entire inside sweeps.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

Tie a pencil to a piece of string. Fasten the string to the top of the wall with a drawing pin, near the ceiling, with the pencil hanging down. Draw your first arc. Wrap the string around the pencil until it's about a foot shorter and do the same again.

Reply to
Phil L

Thanx for reply.

Am still none the wiser....wonder if it would alright with just equa stripes straight across!!!

Anyway..

1) What length of string should i use? 2) How will that make them equal in width 3) I'm being thick am I?! (careful with your answer)

Thanx agai

-- Nico_2t

Reply to
Nico_2t

I the name of all that's holy, why? Do you want to look like a chav?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I don't know, it depends how far down the wall you want the arc.

Because the string is always straight, provided you keep it tight while you are drawing.

Quite possibly, or maybe I'm not being clear :-p

Have you never seen a groundsman draw a large circle on a football pitch? - or a semi circle? He knocks a stake into the centre spot with a rope attached to it, then measures out half of the width of the final circle. Attached to the end of the rope is his whitewash brush and he walks around in a circle, this is the same way you can do an arc....if you shorten the rope/string you will get another circle/arc slighlty smaller than the first, but equal

Reply to
Phil L

Thanx for your help...it worked a treat...much appreciated.

The3rd Earl Of Derby Wrote:

-- Nico_2t

Reply to
Nico_2t