Carpet or laminate? Which would you prefer?

I think I agree. The noise can be terrific, but it is a *lot* easier to keep clean.

Reply to
Nick Atty

Doctor Drivel

I asked "which will go for more and sell quicker?" Nor what you would buy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

waher/dryer? Not separete machines?

Green? I would have thought the black marble effect tops would sell. One kitchen fitter told me 90% of all tops he installs are these.

Fitted bedroom? Feature in the living room?

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

I think you missed his point. A decor that appeals to the vast majority is a quick seller as they don't have to do what you did. Why wait 5 years to get the place where you want it when you can move straight in and like it.

If I am in the running for two near identical house and one is decorated near enough like I want it and the other is naff, with moving wallpaper and carpets, guess which one I will choose.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You asked the wrong question.

The point is that the the more expensive one wouldn't neccessarily sell quicker if someone with half a brain who could see past the probably bodged kitchen and power hungry "extensive" lighting was looking for a house in the area.

A lot of people prefer practical and functional to state of the art? Just what is a state of the art bedroom anyway.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Can anyone repose this list from timegoesby please?

I've had a Google search but can't find it

Reply to
alexrpeters

And if it can be found, how has it changed in the last 8 years? And did we reach any consensus on what a state of the art bedroom was?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Not everyone's tastes change.

My house was *done up* nearly 18 years ago. I find the decisions I was allowed to make then remain appropriate. However, I do not read fashion magazines or visit other peoples houses very much.

I still like the vertical clear varnished pine boarded internal doors/bath sides and the cork flooring in the family bathroom. However, the en-suite was professionally re-decorated last year and the bath side now has a coat of grey! paint.

Reply to
Tim Lamb