Burglar alarm problem

And... fingers crossed, the reset seems to have done the trick. Thank you, and please thank your friend.

I'll tell him, and thanks for the follow up.

I always prefer to repair than replace[1]. It's not the money, it's the satisfaction of been able to do something other than joining the throw away society.

[1] That does not apply to CRT TVs or monitors:-)
Reply to
ARW

Oh dear! I obviously wasted the time I spent on this, then:

ution_V4.2a.png?dl=0

or

Incidentally, where it says 'SHED', think Swiss Chalet - it will help to put it in perspective ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

Tell him I spoke too soon! Just the one unwarranted panic alarm so far and, having looked at the wiring inside, I'm in no hurry to replace the panel.

Sorry it did not work.

They are quite easy to swap.

Reply to
ARW

Yebut, if you take a look at the congestion with the number of cables at top right of

I don't fancy the screeching from the sounder when it takes an age to extract them install the new panel, and then reinstall!

Nothing to it:-)

A sharpie pen to mark off the cables with dashes, several photos before you start to disassemble and off you go.

The cables at the top right are mostly +12 and 0v using yellow and blue cores with an extra cable using the red and black cores.

Take more photos if you need and I will talk you though how to swap the panel.

Reply to
ARW

Thanks! The concern is the number of cables to stuff into a small hole.

I've got a couple of other jobs to finish yet, like installing some wireless IP cameras that don't want to make a stable connection, then I'll pluck up courage and go for it. Photos will be a necessity!

email me or make another post before you swap it.

I have swapped hundreds of panels and it would be rude not to pass on any tips I have learnt from doing so.

Reply to
ARW