house alarm panic

At 6.30 am this morning our house alarm went off,but only in the box inside the kitchen where it is. The outside box didn't come on,thankfully,I thought it was someone else's alarm till I got up and heard it coming from the kitchen,what could have happened to set it off,I don't have it set for through the night,then I couldn't remember the number to switch it off so husband pulled out fuse had to eventually disconnect wires to stop the infuriating noise.Would someone have been trying to get in?if not what set it off and why didn't the outside box not go off,can anyone tell me. many thanks

Reply to
Vi.

There may have been a small power cut in your area. Any interruption to a sensitive alarm control panel can cause the sounder to activate.

Did any zone show activation?

Did the panel reset without problems?

Has it ever done that before?

Do you have a maintenance contract with a reputable company? If not, then I would advise you get one. For your own peace of mind.

Reply to
BigWallop

Perhaps there was a glitch in the electricity, and the backup battery is dead.

Usually, there will be a fair-sized rechargeable battery in the panel, the purpose of which is to maintain the supply during mains power outages. They need to be replaced periodically. If the panel starts to sound when disconnected from the mains, then that is your problem.

You can get replacements from Mapl> At 6.30 am this morning our house alarm went off,but only in the box inside

Reply to
Java Jive