Bulb about to fuse

Not at all.

On the 25 January... I forecast the morning will start cold and gradually warm slightly until afternoon at which point it will get colder again. All temperatures will be well below the yearly average.

Reply to
Pancho

Australia think its another La-nina year, which in the past has sometimes meant cold winters in the Northern Hemispere

Reply to
Andrew

So you know what prices would have been with a monopoly supplier? It's much like saying that we would have had a much better Internet service if it was left to BT.

Reply to
alan_m

So are electricity prices much higher in other countries where they don't have our ridiculous system? ... are there *any* countries which try and do it the way we do here?

(Yes, I know it will be more expensive in *some* countries than here, but not in all, in fact a quick search suggests that prices in the UK are about in the middle of the range of prices in Europe).

Reply to
Chris Green

2" snow in Brum this morning.,,
Reply to
Jethro_uk

This is one whopper I can salute the government for. Many thanks to Kwasi "never gonna subsidise energy companies" Kartang for keeping my bills lower than the neighbours.

Cheers !

Not quite sure how the media forgot that promise. They seem to do it a lot of late.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Very cheap in Lebanon, where they have no power. Ditto Nigeria where it is off much of the day, also South Africa where stealing power is par for the course.

Meanwhile in Germany and Switzerland, they pay double what we typically pay.

And for 1.7 Million Bulb customers it is still ridiculously cheap and now they are getting £1.7 Billion from the taxpayer to maintain their rock bottom tariffs

Reply to
Andrew