Bulb about to fuse

That is the criminal element, we should have a storage facility at the same level the oil companies are obliged to maintain. I believe 90 days.

If the supply companies were obliged to main that level of stocks with real capital, it would certainly filter those companies entering the market.

Reply to
Fredxx

Were it not for the existance of terrorists, electric trains could have their own mini modular nuclear reactor to generate power.

Come to think of it, we could stick one inside Mallard and generate steam that way and put it and all the other residents of the National Railway museam back to work :-)

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew

As NHS Test and Trace discovered :-)

Reply to
Andrew

ROFL. NO-one switched because they wanted a customer-friendly website though. It was all about the money.

Reply to
Andrew

When they offered me a "smart meter" about six months ago I replied explaiing the difficulties they might encounter. I had no response but within the last month someone came round to read the meters (lord knoes why) and told me not to have one as I would still have to send in readings!

- Mint 20.2, kernel 5.4.0-88-generic, Cinnamon 5.0.5 running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition processor with 16GB of DRAM.

Reply to
pinnerite

Nope. effectively they are now nationalised, like LNER and South-Eastern trains have been in recent years. Just do nothing (you are now being hugely subsidised by the taxpayer).

Reply to
Andrew

There is no interconnect between the various water suppliers and for what should be fairly obvious engineering (and cost) reasons, there never will be. QED everyone is stuck with their local supplier (who also deal with sewage remember)

Reply to
Andrew

The cap protects the 15 million from being used as cash cows to subsidise the cheapskate switchers. The latter should be forced onto new tariffs based on the world price, while the 15 million who have never switched should keep their cap and instead be subsidised by the ex-customers of the failed companies. Tit for Tat.

Reply to
Andrew

1.7 clueless cheapskate idiots switched to Bulb because they actually believed that Bulb only supplied 100% 'renewable' energy, which if it was actually true should have totally isolated them and their supplier from failure or massive price hikes. ROFL.
Reply to
Andrew

Not me, i'll happily pay a little more if I hear good things about customer service.

Reply to
R D S

Same here, took 6 months of email/phone calls.

I've got the hump currently because I logged into my account and noted that I was over £400 in credit. There's an option to change the monthly payment but there's a minimum which isn't a lot less than the current monthly payment meaning they'll be sat on my money for an age.

Reply to
R D S

Not here, they don't.

Reply to
charles

good customer service is relatively easy when you are a new firm with (a) brand new software and (b) few customers - and few of those batty or bad 'cos you only accept people who pay by DD and manage their a/c online.

Reply to
Robin

I do think there should be some pain for where people who haven't done their homework and choose the cheap, dodgy companies which then goes down.

Reply to
Fredxx

To be fair though, whichever company I need to speak to, my call is always important to them and it's just a crying shame they can't attend to me more promptly.

The sleepless nights they must have.

Reply to
R D S

More like fish in a barrel.

Actually they don't if you are on the watershed boundary.

Our water comes from Northumbrian who have it in excess even in the driest years and our sewage goes to Yorkshire Water.

There was a time during the big droughts 1995-98 when they were shipping water in tankers down the A19 & A1 to Sheffield and putting slugs of potable water into canals to move it down south to empty reservoirs.

Martin Brown

Because they pinched Lotus

Reply to
Sysadmin

Quite. My car insurance was due, and wanted to contact my existing insurer to 'discuss' the renewal premium. Recorded phone message extolled the virtue of doing things online. Except, of course, that never has a 'reduced my premium' button.

Normally, anything to do with renewal gets answered promptly. But not in my case - and after two tries. So I changed companies.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

The offer of cheaper energy was open to near 100% of energy users.

The latter should be forced

That's already happening. Customers of failed suppliers are now being put on tariffs that are higher than the fixed prices deals that loyal customers of the big suppliers are paying.

Reply to
alan_m

But some of the smaller players did have customer friendly web sites

Reply to
alan_m