Oven bulb lube

After changing oven light bulb, the threads seemed gritty and rough. Hard to turn the bulb. What's a lube that withstands oven heat, and is safe?

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I have used a light silicone wipe. Grease with TFE.The bulbs usually have a glass cover, so the socket may not get over 400 degrees. Maybe a light non oily graphite.

Oven light lubricant. If it says that, it might work.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

High temp grease or a light film of anti-seize compound on the bulb threads. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

The fat from chopped up Mormons who were sent ot the ovens.

Reply to
goldigger

WD-41

Reply to
Mitt Romley

Hi, Corning Si heat sink grease.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Corning dielectric Si heat sinking grease/

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Automotive spark plug boot dielectric grease- sparingly.

Reply to
Mr.E

One email friend suggested spark plug thread lube. Wonder if that's the kind of high temp grease you mean?

.

High temp grease or a light film of anti-seize compound on the bulb threads. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Tell me about light, non oily graphite. I'm not sure I've heard of this.

.

I have used a light silicone wipe. Grease with TFE.The bulbs usually have a glass cover, so the socket may not get over 400 degrees. Maybe a light non oily graphite.

Oven light lubricant. If it says that, it might work.

Greg

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Jew think that vould verk?

.

The fat from chopped up Mormons who were sent ot the ovens.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Where would I find a small serving of heat sink grease? Under the sink, I know, I know.

.

Hi, Corning Si heat sink grease.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Boot grease, or spark plug thread grease?

.

Automotive spark plug boot dielectric grease- sparingly.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

That IS anti-seize compound. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Boot grease- made for high temps- non carbonizing and does not contain metals that may conduct, as some anti-seize compounds have metallic content.

Reply to
Mr.E

But, is it high temp grease?

.

That IS anti-seize compound. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Just today I was looking or a load for my new inverter. Found lamp with clamp, bulb was very hard to get out. Found 100 watt bulb. In the mean time I looked up on the shelf for some kind of spray. I would have used WD-40 if It was there. This old can I have not used for years. Elmers dry spray with TFE. Spray, and worked the bulb. Socket works now.

Don't use anti-seize.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

I don't think I would do it in an oven,but for bulbs that are hard to remove, if you spray the socket with the bulb in it with some penetrating oil such as Kroil and wait about 30 seconds it will screw out very easy. We do this at work on some of the 150 to 400 watt Mercury Vapor and other types of bulbs. Just a quick shot between the bulb and socket will do it.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Pathetic...but typical.

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Yes.

.

Storm> Tell me about light, non oily graphite. I'm not sure I've heard of > this.

Ever used graphite powder to lube a lock?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon