Bosch SGS 6312 dishwasher problem

circulation pump gone, or a valve.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Any dishwasher experts out there? Machine drains OK but once it's done that it just lets the water in and then won't do any more. Just sits there quietly doing nothing at all.

Thanks - Peter

Reply to
peterpurves

Or belt come off drum/motor? Brushes in motor need replacing?

just guessing

Reply to
Hugh

Not sure about your specific problem Does it fill to about the right level, then stop? In which case it could be the pump motor which pumps the water around inside

If it fills a bit, the stops it may be that the sensor which detects that it is full is faulty, and there is not enough water in there to BE pushed around

I have a Siemens (basically same company) SE26230GB/12 machine which I have fixed several times thanks to the marvellous BSH PartFinder site.

your full number (SGS6312 gives 6 possible specific machines e.g. GB/12 like mine), you can get PDF exploded diagram of all the parts, and an order list with prices for those parts.

Over the last 4 years I have replaced a motor, a sensor (the 'fill' sensor), a switch and am waiting on the thermal sensor (My machine is running cold, and I am hoping this is the problem - the heating element looks fine). Total cost ~=A380 (admittedly plus my time, but this is a DIY NG)

If you are going to take the machine apart you will (probably) need a T20 sized screwdriver bit (one of those funny star shaped ones). Not easy to take apart the first time, but not as hard as it may seem at times, and it does get easier.

Digital photos help when dissassembling to ensure successful re-assembly!

Reply to
Neal