Bosch SDS

In case anyone is in the market for one, I notice that Axminster are doing the Bosch GBH2-24DFR 3 function SDS at 100quid at the moment....

Reply to
John Rumm

The Kress is better value

and a better drill. A 610w version of this under the Wickes name is available for £80 at a sakle with a 3 yr guarantee. I would prefer one of these to a Bosch.

to open account

Reply to
Doctor Evil

Bargain - i've had one for about 3 years, such a versatile tool esp with the interchangable chucks

Regards Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Definitely - I've had one for about 4 years - done loads of heavy work , apparently indestructible. Have chipped off acres of hard render with it and drilled (diamond core bits) some 52mm holes through

24inch limestone. Best tool I ever bought and very versatile for quick changes with the exchangeable chucks. I originally bought it after seriously damaging my wrist chipping out hard mortar from around window frames by hand with cold chisel. Should have bought it sooner!

cheers

Jacob

Reply to
jacob

I've also had one for years and use it commercially day in day out. Like the previous posters say they are virtually indestructible and will give you many years of service, unlike other yellow ones (I've owned) I could mention.

Also don't forget Bosch invented the SDS system.

Reply to
Kaiser