Electrical back box question

I want to put two single width (85mm) BS3676 switch plates side-by-side on a wall.

I understand that a flush-mounting, 35mm deep metal back box is available which is just a bit bigger than a double width back box and has a metal strip down the centre of the opening. This strip has mounting holes so that two 85mm plates can be mounted flush together.

Anybody know who is the manufacturer of this type of back box? Or can anyone give me a part number and source, please?

Reply to
Pandora

Appleby do a plastic version of the product I'm after.

can't find a metal one, though

Reply to
Pandora

Most of the manufacturers have this item in their ranges. For example MK list no. 887 ZIC dual flush box (also 888 ZIC dividing screen for dual flush box, for where you need segregation between the two sides).

Reply to
Andy Wade

You should be able to get this from any decent electrical wholesaler, and probably even B&Q. Most of the manufacturers make them - the only thing to watch out for is that some of them are only spaced for standard white accessories, and if you want to fit some of the decorative plates, they will overlap at the edges. The Appleby ones that I use have a wider centre strip which helps overcome this, but then has the downside that for white plates there is a small gap between them! If you fill / plaster over the box before fitting the plates though, this is a doddle to overcome.

Reply to
Gary Cavie

Known as dual boxes. Any electrical wholesaler should have them. Maybe even a bigger B&Q.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

i think screwfix may do these check out ref no d48234

like they put the wrong picture on this product

things i do for you people......you'll be asking for me to come round and fix it next......

well it all depends upon whether my mum will let me out or not after my teatime.....

Reply to
dIMM

I'd have thought nurse more appropriate.............

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

wardress ....

Owain